Astwick is a very small picture postcard village which has hardly changed in the last century. It is between Letchworth and Biggleswade, each about 5 miles away, and the Al forms its eastern boundary. It covers 665 acres next to the River Ivel.
The nearest bus service is from Stotfold Green. A mobile library visits once a week and the nearest facilities are at Stotfold.
The Church has undergone many changes over the centuries and it is difficult to trace its history, but it is one of only two in England dedicated to St Guthlac, who appears to be the British equivalent of St Francis of Assisi. It is believed to date from Norman times, and was possibly once part of a larger building. The tower dates from the 15th century and the building still has a two-decker pulpit and some box pews, although the entire structure has been neglected.
The Astwick family held the manor from the time of the Domesday Book, and were associated with it until the end of the 15th century.
Astwick Bury, one of the most attractive houses in the village, is moated and dates from about 1700. There is a splendid yew hedge and ornamental yew trees at the front of the building. Another interesting house is Church Farm, which has a 500 year old mulberry tree in its garden.